[aur-general] Unresponsive maintainer (=TU)

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:34:56 UTC 2014

* Fabio Castelli <webreg at vbsimple.net> (Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:18:30
+0100):
> The package here discussed is mysql-clients

No, it's libmysqlclient [1] that causes problems.

> Another package in the AUR called mysql-connector-c++, which
> unfortunately I don't use, requires the mysql-clients package to be
> built without the no-rtti flag.
>
> This is entirely the point here, I don't know why the
> mysql-connector-c++ is unable to built without rtti. The same package
> builds fine using mariadb-clients WITH no-rtti.

libmariadbclient [2] is indeed build with no-rtti, strange. The problem
with mysql-connector-c++ [3] is this:

…/driver/mysql_metadata.cpp:1216:74: error: ‘dynamic_cast’ not
permitted with -fno-rtti

which is set in libmysqlclient. I already asked a question about this
on the Arch ML [4].

I'm willing to look at this as an issue of mysql-connector-c++, but I
don't know how to circumvent this.

Regards,
Marcel (maintainer of [3])

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libmysqlclient/