[aur-general] Unresponsive maintainer (=TU)

Fabio Castelli webreg at vbsimple.net
Wed Nov 12 16:35:25 UTC 2014

Hello

> libmariadbclient [2] is indeed build with no-rtti, strange. The problem
> with mysql-connector-c++ [3] is this:
>
> …/driver/mysql_metadata.cpp:1216:74: error: ‘dynamic_cast’ not
> permitted with -fno-rtti
>
> which is set in libmysqlclient. I already asked a question about this
> on the Arch ML [4].
>
> I'm willing to look at this as an issue of mysql-connector-c++, but I
> don't know how to circumvent this.

After a bit of analysis I think to have found the source of the issue
(in the mysql-connector-c++ source) and successfully built the
mysql-connector-c++ package against libmysqlclient 5.6.20 WITH -fno-rtti
build flag.

Please explain me how can I use or send me a source example (with build
instruction included please) which uses the mysql-connector-c++ to check
if everything works fine with my build and if it works fine we'll see
how to fix the package.

Regards,

--
Muflone