[aur-general] Unsupported architectures in the AUR

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:14:53 UTC 2014

* David Phillips <dbphillipsnz at gmail.com> (Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:41:14
+1300):
>> I think ARM-only packages should be tolerated on the AUR, simply
>> because AUR is the place where people look for PKGBUILDs.
>
> That is actually a fair point, and I agree with you. But we do have to
> keep in mind that Archlinux ARM is a completely different project, and
> you're using archlinux.org's server space and data cap when you submit
> AUR packages.

I'm rather indifferent, though I expect that packages build on my
architecture (x86_64), which is not the case for ARM-only packages.

That said, I wonder why Arch Linux ARM, which *is* a different project,
doesn't provide its own AUR? Wouldn't that be a solution for ARM-only
packages? And perhaps providing a link to "our" AUR (or even an iframe)
for packages that build also on i686/x86_64? Just a thought.

Regards,
Marcel