[aur-general] Package promotion process

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:47:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/11/14 12:32 PM, Dave Reisner wrote:
>>
>> It shall never return.
>
> Never say never, the rules could be revisited one day :P. It makes sense
> to forbid automatic installation, but it's a bit silly to forbid search
> / downloading from the AUR when we permit it for other third party
> dumping grounds like PyPi.

Yeah, I mean no offense to the current rule, but AUR is a fantastic
part of Arch and not having *anything* which can install an AUR
package in Community seems... disingenuous to the adoption of AUR from
a fresh install. I understand this can be a political battle ("which
AUR helper is best") but cower sure seems like a great candidate to
just help people get started.

$0.02,
-te