[aur-general] AUR Best Practice for New Package Upload

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 06:54:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, 9/19/14, David Phillips <dbphillipsnz at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [aur-general] AUR Best Practice for New Package Upload
 To: "Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR)" <aur-general at archlinux.org>
 Date: Friday, September 19, 2014, 8:27 AM

 >makepkg doesn't
 delete them. It's your work.

 Not by default, but if you call makepkg with
 the -c flag, it will
 perform a clean-up of
 those temp directories.

 --

 David Phillips
 GPG Key

OK, I see that option:  -c, --clean      Clean up work files after build

Anyway, I should have known better than to ask that question....I have built quite a few AUR packages locally and I always see the pkg and src dirs in along with the .pkg.tar.xz file, etc.; all the time..... when I go to pacman -U to install.

So the answer to that question was pretty obvious; just got confused there for a minute. I do need to read up more on how $SRCDEST , $PKGDIR and $SRCDIR are defined and work together, etc.  (Just a matter of finding the right man page sections....)

Thanks.