[aur-general] AUR Best Practice for New Package Upload

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Tue Sep 23 17:52:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

makepkg now seems to build the .pkg.tar.xz archives for pacman to install, naming them as such:
masshash-1.0.0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

I have not seen the "any" in the name before.  I can see how the 1.0.0 is the version number and the -1 is the release number; fine.
Why is there an "any" in the name?
What parameter is it referring to and should it even be there? How can I remove this any so the package is called masshash-1.0.0-1.pkg.tar.xz (assuming that is how it should be/is more proper).

Just trying to understand the "ins and outs" of making AUR packages.

Thanks.