[aur-general] Unannounced and unreasonable deletion of python2-vdirsyncer

Markus Unterwaditzer markus at unterwaditzer.net
Mon Sep 29 12:31:13 UTC 2014

Hi Evgeniy,

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 04:20:37PM +0400, Evgeniy Alekseev wrote:
> If you was a maintainer you would have to be notified. There was a request [1]
> and there was no any discussion there. But really, it is my mistake because
> vdirsyncer provides only python3 library and there are packages which require
> python2 library. I've uploaded the python2-vdirsyncer back and have disowned
> it.
>
> 1. https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2014-September/001819.html

I didn't see that (only looked on aur-general), sorry for the tone then. I am
not the maintainer, and seing this request from the maintainer of both packages
surprises me quite a bit. So i think the current status (keeping both packages)
is fine, the maintainer probably made a mistake.

Thanks,
Markus