[aur-general] TU Application: Johannes Löthberg

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Thu Apr 9 12:32:53 UTC 2015

❤

>I'd be interested to hear whether or not there are some groups of
>packages (not the packages themselves, but rather, a theme or type of
>package) that you are interested in maintaining. Put more plainly, what
>kind of packages interest you (you mentioned Haskell packages, for
>example, is that because Haskell interests you, or are there particular
>Haskell packages that you'd like to see in [community])?

Two related groups of packages I’m interested in are LDAP and Kerberos
packages. I couldn’t adopt krb5 and openldap since they are in [core],
but I’d like to maintain related packages like nss-pam-ldapd, pam-krb5,
and possibly things like mod_auth_kerb, which is an Apache module for
Kerberos authentication, and apachedirectorystudio if I can get it
packages more nicely as an eclipse plugin instead of just dumping their
binaries in /opt.

I’m also interested in some media packages, like np1-mps and mps-youtube
which are music streaming clients, cmusfm and mpdscribble which are
last.fm scrobblers for cmus and mpd respectively,

Other than that, I don’t use much Haskell things, but the language does
interest me, and I also know that it’s something of a pain to maintain
the packages, so I thought that more help with that could be nice.

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg