[aur-general] Is it necessary to create a new package just for an dependency header
mysatyre at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 18:31:55 UTC 2015
On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Sebastian Lau <lauseb644 at gmail.com> wrote:
> At the moment I'm trying to rewrite grive , because its maintainer
> did not migrate it to the new Google APIs.
> After reviewing the code, I decided, that maybe using the google api cpp
> client libraries would be a good choice since the original author of
> grive did implement similar things as the official google API does.
> So I created packages for those APIs in the AUR. Everything fine so far.
> The problem is, google is using an old version (3.7) of the simple
> embedded webserver mongoose as backend in its current stable
> release. I tried using the current version of mongoose, but the
> developers have some functions removed that google uses. So I'm stuck
> with using version 3.7 .
> Since however cmake won't build shared libraries (even with
> -DBUILD_SHARED=ON) of google-api-cpp-client, mongoose is already
> statically linked into the libgoogleapis_mongoose.a . The only problem
> is that one header of googleapis (mongoose_webserver.h) has the line
> "#include <mongoose/mongoose.h>". No problem for compilation, but when
> using the headers in an own project, there won't be any file at this place.
> The mongoose 5 package in AUR installs its header to
> So I'm stuck with the question wether
> - to create a new package "mongoose3" for the header only since nothing
> more is needed (more dependencies) and hope for google fixing that issue
> with the next more current release
> - just include the mongoose header in "/usr/include/mongoose3.h", patch
> the include in google webserver to use that file and include the license
> of mongoose version 3 in my google-api-cpp-client package.
> Personally, I'd prefer the second conclusion since AFAIK no other
> package needs this header and google is working on its web section on
> the master branch, so it probably won't be needed anymore in near
> future. But I'm not sure, so it would be nice to have your opinion on that.
>  https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/grive/
>  https://github.com/google/google-api-cpp-client/tree/v0.1
>  https://github.com/cesanta/mongoose
>  https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/google-api-cpp-client/
That's a case for our old friend
sed -r -i 's@(#include <)mongoose/(mongoose\.h>)@\1\2@'
This change may be implemented using an additional diff source file or
with a different sed line, but I particularly like sed -r for being
not as backslashy for when I need groups.
More information about the aur-general