[aur-general] aurweb 4.0.0 released

Jakub Klinkovský j.l.k at gmx.com
Sat Aug 8 13:14:14 UTC 2015

On 08.08.15 at 13:42, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are pleased to announce that aurweb 4.0.0 has been released. The
> official aurweb setup [1] has already been updated.
>
> The most exciting change in this release is that Git repositories are
> now used for AUR packages. This new feature comes along with some other
> nice additions, such as an SSH interface for registered AUR users.
>
> For a comprehensive list of changes, please consult the Git log [2]. As
> usual, bugs should be reported to the aurweb bug tracker [3].
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/
> [2] https://projects.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/log/?id=v4.0.0
> [3] https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=2

As far as I remember, it was discussed that the old packages from AUR3 will
still be available in an archive. Is it the aur-mirror.git [4] or something
else? We were thinking to replace the currently broken links to AUR packages on
the wiki with links to the archive to divide the heap of broken links into
"obsolete" and "obsolete, but still findable" parts. For this to work, we need a
fixed URL with variable part corresponding to the package name. And for easy
maintenance with a bot, we would need a list of packages in the archive for fast
searching, e.g. something like [5]. Is this possible or do you have some other
recommendations?

[4] http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/
[5] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.gz

--