[aur-general] aurweb 4.0.0 released

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 03:31:56 UTC 2015

Em 10-08-2015 20:07, Damian Nowak escreveu:
> I can't agree with that. If I search for something next time and it's not in AUR4, I'd go
> to AUR3, get the old PKGBUILD, update it, make sure it works, and then upload to AUR4 so
> others can use it too. Better than writing from scratch.
Well,

    In most cases having a PKGBUILD as a starting point surely is nice.
I just think that it shouldn't be an official Archlinux thing. Also,
there were a lot of bad PKGBUILD's that wouldn't serve as a starting
point for anything. The main purpose of the purge was to get rid of
orphan and unmaintained packages anyway. I guess that if all of the Arch
users didn't needed them in more than the two months that it took to
migrate AUR3 to AUR4, it is a safe bet to say that there won't be much
use for them in the near future. And, if there is an unofficial archive,
it's ok. But I think that Archlinux shouldn't spend resources on an
official one.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini