[aur-general] aurweb 4.0.0 released

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:58:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Giancarlo Razzolini
<grazzolini at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> orphan and unmaintained packages anyway. I guess that if all of the Arch
> users didn't needed them in more than the two months that it took to
> migrate AUR3 to AUR4, it is a safe bet to say that there won't be much
> use for them in the near future. And, if there is an unofficial archive,
</snip>

Just to note on this point - some (many?) Arch users would not have
noticed anything during the migration process as their helpers would
have continued to get the old PKGBUILDs from aur.archlinux.org during
the migration process. It is only when aur4 got 'moved' to
aur.archlinux.org that these users would have noticed anything happen
(in fact some still won't, depending on their workflow and the
specific tools they use).

I have no opinion in either case, PKGBUILDs aren't THAT difficult to
write, but felt I had to point this out.