[aur-general] Deletion of orphaned packages on AUR4

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:16:59 UTC 2015

Em 12-08-2015 06:05, Lukas Fleischer escreveu:
> Maybe you could at least add yourself as a co-maintainer for now. Or if
> you are really *actively* trying to find new maintainers, it probably
> wouldn't hurt if you were listed as a maintainer until you find
> somebody.

I had some dependencies issues with some of my packages, in that they
weren't resubmitted to the new AUR. I tried to contact all the former
maintainers. In one case I ended up being a co-maintainer, on the others
I adopted the packages. I agree with you Lukas. People are misusing the
disown functionality, and expecting things to still work afterwards. I
believe the problem is, and you can correct me if I am wrong, that on
Aug 8th, the packages that were orphaned on the new AUR, were "hidden",
as you put it. I said before, if there is someone willing to care enough
for a package, they will (should) maintain it. I mentioned that arch
shouldn't maintain these packages. But since you're doing it anyway,
then perhaps there could be a place with all these orphaned "hidden"
repos, so someone willing could search there and resubmit it to AUR if
that is the case.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini