[aur-general] AUR activity log?

Justin Dray justin at dray.be
Wed Aug 12 17:21:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 at 03:17 Giancarlo Razzolini <grazzolini at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Em 12-08-2015 14:10, Jens Adam escreveu:
> > That wasn't what happened. Read the thread(s) again - a single TU went
> > around and deleted a bunch of freshly orphaned packages, nothing to do
> > with the migration.
>
> I really don't see the issue here, even if is this that happened. They
> were orphaned, weren't they? And, they aren't deleted, they are
> "hidden". Unless the TU also removed the git repository, which I believe
> didn't happened. Truth is, the disown functionality has been misused and
> you can't really complain if you orphaned a package and it was deleted.
> Even more now that AUR has a co-maintainer functionality.
>
> Cheers,
> Giancarlo Razzolini

But by 'hidden' it also deletes all comments and votes, and stops people
being able to search for the package, see that it isn't maintained and
picking it up. Almost all of my packages have become mine by trying to
install something, finding it useful, and when it became an orphan, just
taking it over and fixing it up.

If we wanted to delete packages we would have asked for deletion, not
orphaned it. What is the point of orphaning packages if they are just going
to get deleted anyway?

- Justin