[aur-general] AUR activity log?

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Wed Aug 12 17:23:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 14:17:12 -0300
Giancarlo Razzolini <grazzolini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Em 12-08-2015 14:10, Jens Adam escreveu:
> > That wasn't what happened. Read the thread(s) again - a single TU went
> > around and deleted a bunch of freshly orphaned packages, nothing to do
> > with the migration.
>
> I really don't see the issue here, even if is this that happened. They
> were orphaned, weren't they? And, they aren't deleted, they are
> "hidden". Unless the TU also removed the git repository, which I believe
> didn't happened. Truth is, the disown functionality has been misused and
> you can't really complain if you orphaned a package and it was deleted.
> Even more now that AUR has a co-maintainer functionality.
>
> Cheers,
> Giancarlo Razzolini

Just because they were orphaned doesn't mean they weren't useful. You don't see
anything wrong with deleting a package a couple of hours after a maintainer
orphans it?

They were deleted in the sense that they are no longer generally available, and
all comments, notifications, and votes are gone for good.

Doug