[aur-general] AUR activity log?

Jakub Klinkovský j.l.k at gmx.com
Mon Aug 17 17:01:08 UTC 2015

On 12.08.15 at 23:54, Mark Laws wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In light of the mass deletion of many orphaned as well as
> not-really-orphaned packages, it would be nice if there were a way to
> get a log of AUR activity so that users other than just a package's
> maintainers can see that a package disappeared at some given point.
>
> It was also mentioned that deleted packages aren't really deleted,
> merely hidden--in that case, why not allow users to view these
> packages if some flag is set in the API request? This way, users can
> pick up maintenance of a once-extant package without having to
> recreate it from scratch.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Laws
>
> --

Let me add that this would be great for the maintenance of links to the AUR
packages from the wiki -- when broken links are automatically marked with a
{{Broken package link}} template by a bot, it would be possible to provide
something better than "package not found" as a hint. For example differentiating
between merging and deletions of packages would be a notable improvement.

--
jlk