[aur-general] Mozc UT cannot build.

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 12:29:38 UTC 2015

On 03-02-2015 11:41, MASAKI Yuhsuke wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Maybe, I don't understand right.
> * I confirmed the URI available on HTTP access.
> * "svn checkout http://mozc.googlecode.com/svn/" had error.
> * I fixed PKGBUILD to svn+http://mozc.googlecode.com/svn/
> * This is the result.
>
> ==> Retrieving sources...
>   -> Updating mozc-1.15.1917.102 svn repo...
> Skipped '.'
> Summary of conflicts:
>   Skipped paths: 1
>   -> Cloning japanese_usage_dictionary svn repo...
> svn: E000111: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://japanese-usage-dictionary.googlecode.com/svn/trunk'
> svn: E000111: Error running context: Connection refused
> ==> ERROR: Failure while downloading japanese_usage_dictionary svn repo
>     Aborting...
> ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build fcitx-mozc-ut.
>
> I couldn't fetch Mozc and Japanese Usage Dictionary.
> Should I use wget instead of subversion?
>
> I had success to download with this fix,
> -----
> source=(mozc-${_mozcver}::http://mozc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src
>         japanese_usage_dictionary::http://japanese-usage-dictionary.googlecode.com/svn/trunk#revision=$_japanese_usage_dictionary_rev
>         gyp::http://gyp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk#revision=$_gyp_rev
>         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mdk-ut/30-source/source/mozcdic-ut-20150114.tar.bz2
>         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pnsft-aur/mozc/edict-${_utdicver}.gz
>         EDICT_license.html
>         mod-generate-mozc-ut.sh
>         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pnsft-aur/x-ken-all-${_zipcoderel}.zip
>         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pnsft-aur/jigyosyo-${_zipcoderel}.zip
>         git+https://github.com/google/protobuf.git#commit=${_protobuf_rev}
>         http://download.fcitx-im.org/fcitx-mozc/fcitx-mozc-${_patchver}.patch
>         http://download.fcitx-im.org/fcitx-mozc/fcitx-mozc-icon.tar.gz)
> -----
> (and disable to check mozcdic-ut's checksum.)
> but will be an error.
>
> -----
> ==> Starting prepare()...
> /tmp/yaourt-tmp-aki/aur-fcitx-mozc-ut/./PKGBUILD: line 91: cd: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-aki/aur-fcitx-mozc-ut/src/mozcdic-ut-20141110: No such file or directory
> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
>     Aborting...
> ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build fcitx-mozc-ut.
> -----
>
> Too difficult for me...

Manually doing:
svn checkout http://japanese-usage-dictionary.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
works here.

I suspect you are trying to use a pkgbuild that needs a good amount of
work to get everything working.

>From what you wrote it seems to me this is one of the first times you
are editing/fixing a pkgbuild, so I'd say it is normal to find it a
little difficult, and this one seems to be a bit more complicated than
the average pkgbuild.

Regarding the fixes you have to make, I would suggest that you change as
little as possible, fix the urls but try not to change how you fetch the
sources, otherwise later in the pkgbuild it will throw an error because
it doesn't find the sources in the expected place.

The other thing I suggest is that you use makepkg directly instead of
yaourt while you try to fix the package. You don't need 2 programs
throwing errors and making things harder for you.

--
Mauro Santos