[aur-general] PKGBUILD Critique

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Tue Feb 10 23:27:27 UTC 2015

Hi fellow archers,

Would you be so kind as to provide a critique of my PKGBUILD?

This is only my third package so bear with me, please.

<http://codepad.org/Az4Hk78W>

Notes:

1)I have emailed current owner/maintainer but no response yet; hopefully he will reply soon. If not will try again and if still no joy, will follow procedure to become new owner/maintainer, if possible.  Or just post it under "comments" with a link to my PKGBUILD, perhaps?
2) You can see I have some questions/doubts re. line 26/27 (original PKGBUILD has 26, I changed it to 27, out of habit I guess.  I don't think it's an important point though as I guess one should clean up the various dirs left after installing an AUR package, in any event, though.  Comments?)
3) Line 37; I tried that and it didn't seem to work for me (not sure why. Comments?)

It gives me errors like:

warning: directory permissions differ on /home/myusername/
filesystem: 700  package: 755
warning: directory ownership differs on /home/myusername/
filesystem: 1000:100  package: 0:0

(I have a user umask of 075).

When I just use: make install, it installs without errors.

Thanks!