[aur-general] PKGBUILD Critique

Daniel Wallace danielwallace at gtmanfred.com
Wed Feb 11 01:25:22 UTC 2015

When you do grep like that, you should use two [[, to make sure that it
doesn't care about spaces.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/669452/is-preferable-over-in-bash-scripts

and in this case, you don't need them at all

	if grep -qi 'utf-*8' /etc/locale.conf; then

The above will fail and not execute the 'then' portion of the if statement
if the grep fails, the -q also prevents it from out putting anything, and
it will return an exit status of not one.

Even with that, the current PKGBUILD looks fine... just wanted to point it
out.

Daniel