[aur-general] Email Notifications of new AUR orphaning/deletion/merging method

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Wed Feb 11 04:17:57 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-06 15:09, Marcel Korpel wrote:
> * Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> (Fri, 6 Feb 2015 12:17:20
> +0100):
> > Claws has got a nice feature. If there's a List-Post header and you
> > use reply (set up to invoke reply to mailing list) it will reply to
> > the mailing list. […]
>
> It's much easier with Claws to only send messages to the original
> sender when on a mailing list: just press the "Sender" button and only
> the original sender is put in the To: field.
>
> And no, the mailing lists shouldn't change their current behaviour,
> IMHO: most of the time I want to reply to the mailing list, not only
> to the original sender.

So you should click "Reply to list", or "Reply to all". Or whatever key is
appropiate.

Also, most mailing lists *don't* alter the Reply-To, because it leads to
private emails being leaked, since altering this header makes MUAs behave in
erroneous ways (the "Reply" button does the same as the "Reply to all". See the
link in my original message for all the negative implications.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera