[aur-general] How do you deal with pkgver() & version controlled PKGBUILDs?

Ido Rosen ido at kernel.org
Fri Feb 13 03:22:43 UTC 2015

Since this is a git question, it probably belongs on that project's mailing
list.

Anyhow, what I do is use git smudge/clean filters to ignore the line.
Here's an example from a different application of smudge/clean filters of
how to ignore specific lines in a file:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16244969/how-to-tell-git-to-ignore-individual-lines-i-e-gitignore-for-specific-lines-of