[aur-general] Can't update my own PKGBUILD, where to find errors?

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Thu Jan 22 23:23:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 at 00:02:02, Doug Newgard wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:24:24 +0100
> Sven Fischer <sven at leiderfischer.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > trying to update small fixes to the eibd package, AUR upload always
> > bcusdk-0.0.5-5.src.tar.gz: You are not allowed to overwrite the eibd
> > package.", although I own the package. I am quite a AUR NOOB, but
> > trying to find a hint what could be wrong led me to nothing. Wouldn't
> > it be possible to respond with an error that tells me WHY I am unable
> > to upload (missing permission, wrong version etc....)?
> >
> > Regards, Sven
> >

> Because you're trying to overwrite one pkgbase (eibd) with a different
> one (bcusdk).

Let me elaborate just a bit: There currently isn't a bcusdk package base
in the AUR, so a new package base is created upon package submission.
That new package base contains a package eibd which is already part of
the package base eibd, though. Since a package base cannot contain a
package that is already provided by another one, you receive that
strange error message.

Hope that clarifies it a bit.

Regards,
Lukas