[aur-general] Can't update my own PKGBUILD, where to find errors?

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 23 11:34:40 UTC 2015

On 23-01-15 00:23, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Let me elaborate just a bit: There currently isn't a bcusdk package
> base in the AUR, so a new package base is created upon package
> submission. That new package base contains a package eibd which is
> already part of the package base eibd, though. Since a package base
> cannot contain a package that is already provided by another one, you
> receive that strange error message. Hope that clarifies it a bit.
> Regards, Lukas

The situation is weirder then that, check the PKGBUILD for the current
version :

pkgbase=('bcusdk')
pkgname=('eibd')
pkgver=0.0.5
pkgrel=4

Maybe the problems are caused by uploading a faulty .AURINFO or .SRCINFO
file in the past.

Sven, if you do want pkgbase bcusdk and pkgname eidb,
i suggest you upload a dummy bcusdk pacakge, then request eidb to be
merged into bcusdk.

Once the merge has completed, you can then upload the correct package.

LVV