[aur-general] We've got a spam issue in our AUR

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:24:11 UTC 2015

Em 14-07-2015 07:01, Prakhar Singh escreveu:
> You can also limit the number messages a person can post. And +1 for
> moderation. Apart from spam, people start discussions, chats, etc in
> comments. There is no way to stop that. And +1 for layered filters. For
> example, if two people tag each other repeatedly you can flag it as a chat,
> and so on.
The complexity is increasing more and more as suggestions keep coming. I
don't want to call this a bike shed yet, but it surely seems to be going
to be one.

First of all, this spam problem isn't (yet) a big issue. It might become
an issue, and it might not. If it does, then we could start from the
simplest solution, a simple spam filter and moderation by the
maintainer. Limiting messages should be discussed as a last resort, when
everything else didn't worked.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini