[aur-general] Fields like 'GitRepoPath' in AUR RPC results

Chi Hsuan Yen yan12125 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 05:24:40 UTC 2015

On 27 July 2015 at 08:01, Sascha Shaw <sascha.shaw at mail.de> wrote:

> Am 27. Juli 2015 01:13:13 MESZ, schrieb "Johannes Löthberg" <
> johannes at kyriasis.com>:
> >On 27/07, Chi Hsuan Yen wrote:
> >>Seems the RPC node does not support such a field. Does that mean
> >>hardcoded paths are the only option? For example
> >>"ssh+git://aur@aur4.archlinux.org/%s.git/".
> >
> >Lukas was against adding a field for it, so yes.
>
> I don't understand the purpose of this field. It contains no information.
> You already know the package name, the aur URL and the fact, that they all
> end with .git. Is this just in case the AUR starts working differently over
> night?

I'm trying to implement
https://github.com/archlinuxfr/package-query/issues/11 and
https://github.com/archlinuxfr/yaourt/issues/129. In package-query, the
tarball URL is from the RPC JSON result, and fallback to the hardcoded one
if such an information is not provided by the remote end. I hope to use the
same approach to add a field in package-query without loss of consistence
in code base, so I'm requesting adding a field in upstream.

Using hardcoded paths works just fine, but less elegant in my opinion.

Regards,

Yen Chi Hsuan