[aur-general] AUR4 feature request

Ido Rosen ido at kernel.org
Sun Jun 14 04:03:16 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 11:41 PM, Eli Schwartz <eschwartz93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Justin,
>>
>> I wasn't aware of https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aur-git/ and I
>> agree, it should be available for AUR 4 too.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ralf
>>

> Rather than cloning the whole AUR history (lots of unneeded disk space) I
> suggest you use the following to pull the last version in the aur-mirror:
>
> wget -e robots=off --reject "index.html" -np -r -nH --cut-dirs 3
> pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/plain/{package-name}
>
> robots=off because otherwise recursive download fails, don't download the
> index page, just the files it links to, and cull the extra folders in the
> path to the packagedir.
>
> -- Eli Schwartz

If the goal of this is to create a mirror of AUR4, then the
superproject repo functionality would probably be the most
appropriate.  As far as I know, the AUR devs are working on this
functionality.  This is part of a series of feature requests I made a
while ago during the alpha/beta testing of aur-dev:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/43292

The idea is to make it possible to clone a "superproject" git repo
that has all of your packages (or all packages in general if so
desired) from AUR4.

This would eliminate the need for third party tools like the one you
linked to, since all you'd need to achieve the /var/aur mirror is to
"git clone <superproject url>"...