[aur-general] AUR4 feature request

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 04:13:04 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Ido Rosen <ido at kernel.org> wrote:

> If the goal of this is to create a mirror of AUR4, then the
> superproject repo functionality would probably be the most
> appropriate.  As far as I know, the AUR devs are working on this
> functionality.  This is part of a series of feature requests I made a
> while ago during the alpha/beta testing of aur-dev:
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/43292
>
> The idea is to make it possible to clone a "superproject" git repo
> that has all of your packages (or all packages in general if so
> desired) from AUR4.
>
> This would eliminate the need for third party tools like the one you
> linked to, since all you'd need to achieve the /var/aur mirror is to
> "git clone <superproject url>"...

As for me, all I was answering is the question of "how to download the
latest version of a deleted AUR3 package in the most efficient way".

I imagine the current maintainer of the aur-mirror project might want to
investigate the question of AUR4 mirroring, but... what happens to deleted
packages? The aur-mirror doesn't delete deleted packages, but does aurweb?
(Under the theory that it isn't needed anymore, same way AUR3 deleted them?)
Hopefully not. And if they aren't deleted in AUR4, but instead I guess
hidden from searches the way migrated-but-not-activated-packages are, then
one could simply use the usual AUR helper to download. Perhaps with a
warning that the package was deleted.

-- Eli Schwartz