[aur-general] Git over HTTPS

Alan Jenkins alan.james.jenkins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 06:24:05 UTC 2015

I am with the OP on this, having worked in a cloud security company I
understand why they block port 22 out bound and know it to be a common
problem. It is blocked to stop employees accidentally or intentionally
leaking important customer or business data. You can also use SSH to bypass
security measures in place within the network and even create tunnels back
into the network.

Seriously I believe that there should be the option to do git over ssh as
the limitation to just SSH is going to cause problems for those in
corporate environments meaning we will lose out.