[aur-general] Git over HTTPS

Alexander Görtz aur at nyloc.de
Tue Jun 16 09:04:51 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, 16. Juni 2015, 06:24:05 schrieb Alan Jenkins:

> I am with the OP on this, having worked in a cloud security company I
> understand why they block port 22 out bound and know it to be a common
> problem. It is blocked to stop employees accidentally or intentionally
> leaking important customer or business data.

With that reasoning you have to block 80 and 443 too, but I don't think that
the why is the really important point. I think that this is a reason more to
implement an alternative of uploading a aur ball, as discussed in another
thread, and creating a git commit from it. I don't know any implementation
details, but this shouldn't be too hard as the useres are autheticated by the
webserver already.

Alex