[aur-general] Git over HTTPS

Tom Swartz tom at tswartz.net
Wed Jun 17 12:25:36 UTC 2015

Giancarlo,

>This is stupid, as I already pointed.

The amount of neckbearding arguments you have posted here are not
productive.
Despite how 'stupid' the decisions are, either in your opinion or in fact,
repeatedly pointing it out has no bearing on the fact that it exists.

> I'm complaining with the OP requests and demands that AUR devs do
something because he needs it.

I have not once demanded that AUR Devs do anything.
I have suggested twice so far that some productive discussion is done as to
the ability to open SSH over HTTPS.

SSH via HTTPS is, as many have pointed out, a common and reasonable
solution for environments where all outbound ports are blocked except for
80, 443 and a minor select others.

>Again, you can always use another network for doing all this. A more open
one.

As mentioned numerous times before, this is not feasible.

I would appreciate if you could keep the comments and discussion on-task.
--
Thomas Swartz