[aur-general] Git over HTTPS

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Sat Jun 20 00:51:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-15 11:57, Tom Swartz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The majority of my work happens behind corporate firewalls where ssh out
> via port 22 is not an option.
>
> Is there a way to configure GitHub-like SSH via HTTPS ports?
> https://help.github.com/articles/using-ssh-over-the-https-port/
>
> I'd be greatly appreciative if this was the case.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Tom Swartz

Do you have permission from your employer to user their infrastructure (eg:
computers, network) to work on contributions to ArchLinux?

If not, they *may* own the IP related to the PKGBUILDs, or any extra scripts
you include (in most jurisdictions, if you write a 15 line script, it's
copyrighted automatically).
I suggest that you carefully study this, and similar scenarios.

So, if you have permission, asking for them to open SSH should be trivial. If
not, then stop creating tainted contributions at work.

Cheers,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera