[aur-general] password cracker program in AUR

Patrick Burroughs (Celti) celti at celti.name
Thu Jun 18 22:38:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 00:27:14 +0200 LoneVVolf <lonewolf at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I realise it and can be useful for people that forgot their own
> password, there are many illegal/immoral  uses for it.

It's useful not just for forgotten passwords, but for
penetration/security testing as well as theoretical purposes.

> Should we allow such programs in AUR ?

We most definitely should; such software is not illegal and has plenty
of legitimate use; further, similar software already is present in
[community].

--
Patrick Burroughs (Celti) <celti at celti.name>