[aur-general] AUR mailing lists - Was: Removal requests

Johannes Dewender arch at JonnyJD.net
Sat Jun 20 11:59:47 UTC 2015

Am 20.06.2015 um 13:34 schrieb Johannes Löthberg:
> On 20/06, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Johannes mail was received after I sent my mail. I wasn't aware of this
>> list.
>>
>> aur-dev     Arch User Repository (AUR) Development
>> aur-general     Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR)
>> aur-requests     Public mailing list for AUR package
>>                deletion/merge/orphan requests
>>
>> There still is the question if any of this lists can be used to ask
>> "usage" questions regarding software provided by the AUR or if e.g. the
>> comments should or shouldn't be used for this purpose.
>>

> Those kinds of questions are often at least acceptable on aur-general,
> though arch-general might be more appropriate. But they really belong in
> community places for said software.

Well, for anything that is somewhat controversial I think aur-general is
fine, since aur-requests probably doesn't have many subscribers
(especially not many non-TUs).

However, I don't think these package removals were controversial.

I contacted the owner of these packages and included a link to this
discussion and asked what's the problem he tries to solve, since at
least one of the packages was recent (from this year).
The deletion showed that this is not the right solution,
but he probably still wants to solve his problem ;-)

--
JonnyJD

PS:
All packages were removed from AUR 3 and AUR 4 by now.