[aur-general] lib32-libx264 or lib32-lib264-stable-git?

Νῖκος Θεοδώρου ntheo1979 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:00:14 UTC 2015

Hello.

Up until a few months ago, the sources were stored in a ftp server, so
naming was simple.

Then they only kept git ("master" and "stable"). The [extra] package
[1] pulls from git, but it's called "libx264". Initially I called the
lib32 version lib32-libx264 as well, but then gS644 in the comments
suggested the stable-git suffix and I went on with it (the TUs didn't
raise an objection at the merge request). Now JonnyJD raises the naming
issue again. The whole discussion can be found at the package's comments
[2].

To be honest, I'm not sure how the package should be named, so I am
asking here for a final judgement on the matter.

[1]
http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/x264
[2] http://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-libx264-stable-git/

Thank you.