[aur-general] lib32-libx264 or lib32-lib264-stable-git?

Johannes Dewender arch at JonnyJD.net
Thu Jun 25 13:59:08 UTC 2015

Am 25.06.2015 um 13:54 schrieb Νῖκος Θεοδώρου:
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:58:30 +0200
> Johannes Dewender <arch at JonnyJD.net> wrote:
>
>> Am 24.06.2015 um 17:43 schrieb Bartłomiej Piotrowski:
>>> The [extra] package is always set to some particular commit from
>>> stable branch.
>>
>> Well, yes. The AUR package autoupdates itself automatically with every
>> build. The [extra] package is manually updated for the latest commit.
>> So they mostly do have the same version except for the short time when
>> one package is updated and one is not.
>>
>> So I could just create a lib32-libx264 and update the commit when
>> [extra] updates (late update)
>> and lib32-libx264-stable-git is updated automatically,
>> but possibly earlier than libx264 in [extra] (early update).
>>
>> I can create lib32-libx264 as a clone of lib32-libx264-stable-git and
>> switch to a specific commit.
>> Unless Nikos/Gordon wants to do that.
>
> Bartłomiej, thank you for the clarification.
>
> Johnny, no reason to get that complicated :-) Just make a
> new lib32-libx264 and keep it; I will ask for -stable-git to be merged
> into it later and we're good :-)

Here we go:
https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-libx264/
forked from lib32-libx264 and using a stable commit
(forking is in not more difficult or work than to create a new repo)

The version number is created the same as in libx264 except that I
didn't add an epoch.
I also added some code to automatically depend on libx264 with the same
API version (144 currently).
This explicitely does not need the exact same version,
but a different API version between lib32 and normal breaks compiling
packages using the lib32 version. For already compiled packages this is
no issue though.

@Gordon:
I made you co-maintainer.

--