[aur-general] [RFC] Draft of the AUR 4.0.0 migration notification

Autumn-wind at web.de Autumn-wind at web.de
Sat May 23 16:27:33 UTC 2015

>Hi,
>Just a reminder that I wrote this script when this first came up to
>help maintainers who already maintain *multiple* packages in one git
>repo to split them into separate git repos, upload them individually
>to AUR4, etc.
>
>https://github.com/ido/packages-archlinux/blob/master/bin/import-to-aur4.sh
>
>Also, the link in your notification email is broken:
>Arch_User_Repository#Submitting_packages_to_aur-dev.archlinux.org
>should be
>Arch_User_Repository#Submitting_packages_to_aur4.archlinux.org
>
>Cheers,
>Ido

How does it handle repos where .SRCINFO weren't tracked in the past?
When I used git subtree to split out one dir and tried to push that to aur-dev it complained about missing .SRCINFO in the latest commit.
Amended .SRCINFO to the latest commit and the push to aur-dev complained again about missing .SRCINFO in the next commit after the latest.

So I had the impression I would need to rewrite the whole history of all my maintained packages.
But looking at your script it seems I misinterpret something from the error message back then, as the files just get created, but not added to the index?

Best regards
Lex