[aur-general] How to install dependency that is in AUR

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at dukun.de
Wed Nov 4 16:00:24 UTC 2015

> Thanks. I am well aware of AUR packaging. I just hadn't built a package
> with a dependency that is in AUR, not in the repos.
>
> This package is not for me, but for uploading to AUR.
>
> So you are suggesting I use the PKGBUILD of the depdency package as a
> template in my own PKBUILD to build it, then?
>
> Thanks!

1) seriously, please bottom post!

2) no, i did suggest you to read the wiki page. i am not sure, but i
guess you think there is some kind of difference in package handling
depending on its source - which isnt true. [0] is what you need,
whereever that package will come from.

[0] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pkgbuild#depends