[aur-general] [PRQ#4382] Deletion Request for b43-firmware

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Nov 21 21:55:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

out of curiosity, is it possible to build a sentence with "file
request", "send request" etc.?

"Push the green button to file request."
"You are allowed to send request."

My English is broken, but shouldn't it read

"Push the green button to file a request."
"You are allowed to send a request."

?

A lot of Germans nowadays speak German in a similar clipped form style,
but for the German language it's a no-go, it shows what kind of person
you are. Assumed there's not much space available for a user interface,
then it's tolerated in Germany to use this kind of clipped form.

IMO "file request" is not hard to understand, especially if you want to
request something and no other option is available, but I wonder if
it's closer to Oxford English or South Central Los Angeles street gang
language.

My 0,02€ donation to the bike shed,
Ralf