[aur-general] [PRQ#4382] Deletion Request for b43-firmware

respiranto respiranto at icloud.com
Sun Nov 22 00:15:56 UTC 2015

On 11/21/2015 11:22 PM, Xavion wrote:
> There's plenty of room for it to be "File a Request", and it would be more
> grammatically correct.  Your English is pretty good, just like that of the
> other ESLs who've contributed to this thread.

Following the argumentation that every written expression must be
possibly put in a correct english sentence, the whole table would have
to be changed to:

_The_ Package Actions
View _the_ PKGBUILD / View _any_ Changes
Download _the_ snapshot
Search _for_this_package_in_the_ wiki
Flag _this_ package out-of-date
Vote for this package | Remove _my_ vote
Notify _me_ of new comments | Disable _any_ notifications
[ Manage _the_ Co-Maintainers ]
File _a_ Request
[ Disown _this_ package ]

Some changements may not be strictly necessary to form a correct english
sentence, however the extracted part of that sentence would then lack
the respective syntactical context, e.g.:
"Dear Server, would you please disable notifications completely for me?"
Probably this sentence could be simplified while maintaining its
correctness, but stripping of some semantically necessary information,
more precisely which notifications are to be disabled.

Though I am not a native speaker either, so any improvements or
corrections are welcome.

> Honestly, I think it's a joke that we even need to have this discussion.

I agree.

> Anyone who argues against making this obvious/simple change for the better
> would have to be profoundly stubborn or just plain stupid.

I do not agree.