[aur-general] Feedback for rmlint-git and call for a TU

Massimiliano Torromeo massimiliano.torromeo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 08:43:52 UTC 2015

Hi,
I'm looking at rmlint right now and I have cleaned-up the dependencies a
bit. Since you are the developer, it would be nice to have your
confirmation on a couple of things:

1. I cound't find any reason why rmlint should depend on elfutils. My guess
is that you need the "strip" command but that is provided by binutils,
while elfutils has "eu-strip".
2. It seems to me that gettext is a build time dependency. The binary is
not linked to it and I don't see calls to its tools outside the build
scripts.
3. What are the optdepends for? I don't see any GUI in the source tree.