[aur-general] Feedback for rmlint-git and call for a TU

christopher at ira-kunststoffe.de christopher at ira-kunststoffe.de
Tue Oct 13 11:12:09 UTC 2015

Hello Massimiliano,

To 1) Indeed only `libelf` might be needed for detecting non-stripped
binaries.
          It is an optional dependency and if it's not installed, it
won't be build with it.
          I was not aware that libelf is packaged as separate package.
          Here is the relevant code btw:

https://github.com/sahib/rmlint/blob/master/lib/utilities.c#L182
To 2) Indeed, gettext can be likely moved to build deps then.
To 3) The gui can be found in the develop branch, it's not yet in
master:
          https://github.com/sahib/rmlint/tree/develop/gui
          It will be included in the next release which will be
probably somewhen this month.
          More information here:
http://rmlint.readthedocs.org/en/latest/gui.html

Regards,