[aur-general] How to grant all users permission to write to a subdirectory of /opt?

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 02:05:07 UTC 2015

Howdy,
I'm working on a package. The package will need to download sounds to a subdirectory of itself. I have placed the package in /opt.
The package is /opt/tintin-alteraeon. It downloads the msp sounds from the Alter Aeon mud as it encounters them. But my current setup gives me, for example:
sounds/spell//tensor.opus: Permission denied
So, how can I give normal users permission to write to the sounds directory? Also, is that a bad thing to do? If so, I'll have to come up with a different way to handle sounds.