[aur-general] Name for an (almost) fake package

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Apr 9 09:31:41 UTC 2016

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 11:08:44 +0200, 张海 wrote:
> Emm... Because I don't want to download those large source files when
> building, and I don't want to add additional lines to my pacman.conf.
> Anyway I think this should have the same reason as the fake packages in
> aur; they give users a shortcut for achieving what they feel better.

Btw. I'm not sure if it's possible to add a directory instead of a file to
"NoExtract", OTOH after downloading the PKGBUILD a user who doesn't want
to install everything, easily could edit the package build, either before
running makepkg or e.g. continuing with yaourt.

Maybe your "dummy" offends
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_User_Guidelines.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: That reminds me that I still need to replace a long comment by a link
and that I again need to inform a maintainer about a mistake, regarding
the git version s/he should use. IOW we sometimes make mistakes, so there
might be already duplicated packages and/or empty packages provided by
AUR, but I guess this should not continue. However, perhaps I
misunderstand the guidelines.