[aur-general] Name for an (almost) fake package

张海 dreaming.in.code.zh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:29:46 UTC 2016

Em, yes, that's exactly what I did before, but I'm much too tired after
having to identify which lines are installing the main content and which
are not and remove them correctly, every time I got an update. (I'm a
little bit paranoid that I don't want to ignore any package update. Also by
doing so I'll possibly miss aur upstream changes such as added/removed
dependencies or fixed bugs in those extra files.)
So I decided to create these packages.

I've read the rules of submission section beforehand, and here are my
reasons for submission:
- Such way of leaving /opt/ out of pacman (and other extra files in /usr/
managed) is a preference I believe a number of people will find useful.
Leaving /opt/ out of pacman can be useful because Android SDK and Android
Studio has their internal update mechanism that can do patched/resumable
upgrade which is important for people with lowspeed/unstable access to
Google; Using a package to keep the dependency on other packages (ncurses,
swt, etc) and system configuation files (profile scripts, systemd units,
pixmaps and desktop files) are also desirable and recommended because a lot
of the files reside in /usr/.
- Manually doing such work upon every installation of each of these
packages is a tedious process because one has to be at least familiar with
bash scripting to identify exactly the part for installing the main
content, and even so it takes a lot of time everytime.
- These changes cannot be incorporated into the original packages because
there are other people who have the broadband connection and prefer to
manage all their files by pacman; it is not a duplicate.

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>于2016年4月9日周六 下午5:31写道:

--
张海
浙江大学 计算机科学与技术