[aur-general] Request to check my PKGBUILD and suggest me some improvements

Patrick Eigensatz patrickeigensatz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 22:39:08 UTC 2016

Alad Wenter <alad at archlinux.info> schrieb am Sa., 13. Aug. 2016 um
23:25 Uhr:

> Op 13.08.2016 om 22:39 schreef Patrick Eigensatz via aur-general:
> > @Alad:
> >
> > Thanks, I changed this as well!
> >

> > @Florian:
> > I thought if there was a variable for both I'd set both :)
> > Should I remove the md5sum? Is there a guarantee every Archsystem
> > has the md5sum and/or the sha256 command available?
> >

> > Another question just popped in my mind:
> > How does namcap find dependencies of my package? How I can I be sure
> > it discovered all and I didn't forget one?
> md5sum and sha256sum are owned by the same package. You can check this
> by specifying their path to "pacman -Qo".
>
> If you want to know how likely it is that users have certain package
> installed, you can check the statistics.
>
> https://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics
>
> Regarding dependencies and namcap, this should be the relevant code:
>
> https://git.archlinux.org/namcap.git/tree/Namcap/rules/sodepends.py
> https://git.archlinux.org/namcap.git/tree/Namcap/rules/shebangdepends.py
>
> P.S. If you plan on posting more regularly to these lists, you should
> change your mail client settings to "bottom post". For Thunderbird, this
> is explained here:
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reply-above-or-below-quoted-text

Indeed, pacman shows me that both binaries belong to the coreutils package,
which is installed everywhere...

Thank you for providing the code! It looks as if Python had some cool
functions to determine needed external libs from a ELF binary.

I did not know where to write my reply, thank you for letting me know this!
As I use a webclient I hope it's correct now... :/