[aur-general] Request to check my PKGBUILD and suggest me some improvements

Alad Wenter alad at archlinux.info
Sat Aug 13 21:24:31 UTC 2016

Op 13.08.2016 om 22:39 schreef Patrick Eigensatz via aur-general:
> @Alad:
>
> Thanks, I changed this as well!
>

> @Florian:
> I thought if there was a variable for both I'd set both :)
> Should I remove the md5sum? Is there a guarantee every Archsystem
> has the md5sum and/or the sha256 command available?
>

> Another question just popped in my mind:
> How does namcap find dependencies of my package? How I can I be sure
> it discovered all and I didn't forget one?
md5sum and sha256sum are owned by the same package. You can check this
by specifying their path to "pacman -Qo".

If you want to know how likely it is that users have certain package
installed, you can check the statistics.

https://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics

Regarding dependencies and namcap, this should be the relevant code:

https://git.archlinux.org/namcap.git/tree/Namcap/rules/sodepends.py
https://git.archlinux.org/namcap.git/tree/Namcap/rules/shebangdepends.py

P.S. If you plan on posting more regularly to these lists, you should
change your mail client settings to "bottom post". For Thunderbird, this
is explained here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reply-above-or-below-quoted-text