[aur-general] maynard-git package review request

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 14:16:44 UTC 2016

On 08/21/2016 06:39 AM, Alive 4ever wrote:
> Feel free to test this package. Remember to  submit bug reports and
> feedback upstream. Patches and suggestions for improving PKGBUILD are
> welcome.

Why so many comments?

Other than that, it looks fine except for your usage of ${pkgname%-VCS}
instead of ${pkgname%-git} -- did you forget to customize that?

I would also include an empty line in between the Maintainer line and
the body of the PKGBUILD, for readability. Additionally, you can again
use ${pkgname%-git} in the url, to highlight the connection between the
upstream url and the package name, and use ${url} in the sources array.

Also note that git will by default clone the repo into the last url
component with the ".git" part trimmed off, so no need to manually
specify it.

How many of those configure flags are necessary? Most projects only need
the --prefix to be specified...

--
Eli Schwartz