[aur-general] maynard-git package review request

Alive 4ever alive4ever at live.com
Mon Aug 22 02:59:23 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 10:16:44AM -0400, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> On 08/21/2016 06:39 AM, Alive 4ever wrote:
> > Feel free to test this package. Remember to  submit bug reports and
> > feedback upstream. Patches and suggestions for improving PKGBUILD are
> > welcome.
>
> Why so many comments?
>
> Other than that, it looks fine except for your usage of ${pkgname%-VCS}
> instead of ${pkgname%-git} -- did you forget to customize that?
>
> I would also include an empty line in between the Maintainer line and
> the body of the PKGBUILD, for readability. Additionally, you can again
> use ${pkgname%-git} in the url, to highlight the connection between the
> upstream url and the package name, and use ${url} in the sources array.
>
> Also note that git will by default clone the repo into the last url
> component with the ".git" part trimmed off, so no need to manually
> specify it.

> How many of those configure flags are necessary? Most projects only need
> the --prefix to be specified...

I intentinally put the comments from PGBUILD-vcs.proto, thinking that
someday there will be git tag. Currently, there is no tag available.
`git describe` shows no output. I should clean this mess up.

About leftover ${pkgname%-VCS}, I just forgot to change it to git.

I think configure flag --libexecdir is needed to put maynard executable
under /usr/lib/maynard. Without libexecdir, the resulting executable is
placed under /usr/libexec/maynard and it's kind of messy.

I should have tested the PKGBUILD under clean chroot to specify exact
dependencies.

Thanks for your feedback.