[aur-general] maynard-git package review request

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:15:16 UTC 2016

On 08/21/2016 10:59 PM, Alive 4ever wrote:
> I intentinally put the comments from PGBUILD-vcs.proto, thinking that
> someday there will be git tag. Currently, there is no tag available.
> `git describe` shows no output. I should clean this mess up.

To quote the Wiki[1]...

Both methods can also be combined, to support repositories that start
without a tag but get tagged later on (uses a bashism):

```
pkgver() {
  cd "$pkgname"
  ( set -o pipefail
    git describe --long 2>/dev/null | sed 's/\([^-]*-g\)/r\1/;s/-/./g' ||
    printf "r%s.%s" "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse
--short HEAD)"
  )
}
```

> I think configure flag --libexecdir is needed to put maynard executable
> under /usr/lib/maynard. Without libexecdir, the resulting executable is
> placed under /usr/libexec/maynard and it's kind of messy.
>
> I should have tested the PKGBUILD under clean chroot to specify exact
> dependencies.
>
> Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm, maybe -- I haven't tried it, so I wouldn't know. But libexecdir
does ring a bell...
What about bindir, libdir, and sysconfdir though? IIRC those should
already have the right default values.

--
Eli Schwartz

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_package_guidelines#Git