[aur-general] [REVIEW REQUEST] python-viivakoodi

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 02:57:08 UTC 2016

On 12/01/2016 08:24 PM, Quentin Bourgeois wrote:
> I finally managed to upload to AUR[0]. I had to made some
> modification[1] in order to pass the different hooks on the server but
> I think they would be ok.

So I see... especially the "every commit must have a .SRCINFO". I had
kind of sort of assumed you would push the PKGBUILD you finally settled
on as the initial PKGBUILD, but apparently you opted to preserve your
learning experience for eternity. :p

Unfortunately that won't work, since your learning experience included a
missing .SRCINFO which cannot be preserved. :D

> Is it relevant to add some of this information
> (runtime deps on setuptools) ? I don't remember having seen such
> information while looking at the manpage/wiki. In the other hand I
> don't known if its obvious for other.

Which manpage/wiki?

I guess it is sort of assumed that people won't uninstall setuptools --
it is part of the python package manager scene (distutils -> setuptools
-> pip) and in a way it sort of competes with pacman.
"The standard library is where modules go to die" but nevertheless, I am
pretty sure the setuptools developers would love to make sure everyone
always has it, no matter what.

But I will admit it wasn't obvious to me... until I learned the basics
of python module packaging.

--
Eli Schwartz